Don't Be So Quick To Dismiss

Wouldn't it be nice to only be surrounded by people you like and not people that are difficult?  Well, truth is...even likable people can be difficult at times.  Sometimes I think I have figured out a formula, now that I'm a little older, that would make life easier on myself and that is:  People - People I Dislike = Easier Life.  Though this may be a bit true, eliminating difficult people may make things easier for me but it doesn't necessarily make life better.  I wouldn't grow as a person, "a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor", it takes adversity to build strong faith...obstacles to grow a strategic mind...and difficult people to mold a kind heart.  Don't be so quick to dismiss someone.  People could be difficult in many different ways, sometimes it might not be that person but it could also just be the way you are that makes it seem difficult.  Dealing with a difficult person is just one of many life's challenges, but a much needed one.  This is where you practice patience, you find understanding, and then discover compassion.  Love isn't just for family, friends, and spouses...learn to love people.  In loving people you don't have to like them, you just have to show an act of kindness.  This process of loving is most humbling, it's selfless, and expresses humility.  


No comments:

Post a Comment